Thursday, February 19, 2009

Transfer day

Wow what an amazing day! Transfer was set for 2/6 at 1:45PM and we had to be there by 1:30, time defiantly drug on that day. We were fortunate enough to meet up and have lunch with a dear friend Terri, her DH, and her DD Courtney, they are such wonderful people :). It was great finally meeting her and spending time with them since they had been at the same spot we were just a few short years ago.

After lunch we headed to the office I felt like I was going to explode. You have to have a full bladder by that time I was past the full mark. We waited a while to be called back and when we finally were we had to sit in the transfer room waiting for the RE to come in. That again took forever and by this point I was beyond comfortable it was not a good feeling. Finally she came in and went over the results there were two grade A embies at 7 cell they would be transferring back. She assured us they looked great and were definitely the best. There were also a few smaller but she didn't seem to think they would have made it much further so we knew we were getting the best.

I thought I was uncomfortable before what was next was 10x worse. That's when the poking and tools came out and the legs up in the air again. To top it off the Nurse that was there was doing the ultrasound pushing as hard as she could right on my stomach ugh! I laid there for what seemed like forever and really thought I was going to loose it. The RE made a comment I did a great job with the full bladder they had a clear thanks! After getting the catheter in place and everything else she was doing the Embryologist came in with the embies for transfer :). During the actual transfer you could see the catheter and fluid on the ultrasound which was amazing. Just thinking those are our babies bought instant tears to my eyes. No matter how uncomfortable it was it was for such a great cause I didn't mind a bit. To top it off the Embryologist said she had a picture if we were interested. Are you kidding me of course we were so she printed it off and gave it to us. We now keep it in a spot where it can be seen in the house to remind us how fortunate we are to have gotten this far.

After the transfer they had me lay there for five minutes before I could use the restroom. That seemed like the longest five minutes of my life. Nine minutes later DH says time is up he had let me lay there four extra minutes and I didn't even know it :). I took off out the door so fast and was in the restroom FOREVER!!!!! Such relief :). I was all set for the next set of instructions after that!

Another Nurse came in and went over everything the #1 thing was bed rest for 24 hours. I didn't see that coming but was more than happy to kick back and let the beans settle in. After that time frame light activities for the next 5 - 7 days so that meant DH was it for cleaning duty :). When we got home I kicked back and didn't get up for anything but to use the restroom DH did everything else for me <3.

Our first picture of our beautiful babies :)

No comments: